Oregon ETIC Video Challenge - ARE YOU IN?
The Oregon Engineering & Technology Industry Council (ETIC) invites you or your video team to submit a video response to one or both of the following:
- Why study Computer Science?
- Why study Computer Science in Oregon?
Here are the contest rules:
- The objective of your video is simple:
- get high school students excited about computer science, and about attending college in Oregon.
- Your video should start with a title.
- Your video must have content that addresses one or both questions:
- "Why Computer Science?"
- "Why Study Computer Science in Oregon?"
- Your video must include a reference to "Visit GetReal.ous.edu to Explore Computer Science"
- The Credits Page at the end of your video must include the name of your team and high school or college.
- The video must be 3 minutes or less and adhere to the YouTube Community Guidelines
- Individuals or small teams may submit an entry. Submissions from high school or college classes are also encouraged.
- All individuals involved in the video must attend a high school or college in Oregon.
- Award Categories will be in four areas:
- Best "Why Study Computer Science?"
- Best "Why Study Computer Science in Oregon?"
- Most Creative Video
- Best Overall Video (Includes all of the above)
- Contest Entry Period: (10/25/08 - 1/16/09) You must upload your video to YouTube and complete the entry form by 11:59pm on 1/16/09
- Judging Period: (01/17/09 - 01/29/09) Videos will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by the Oregon University System
- Winners Announced (1/30/09) Winners will be announced on 1/30/09 on GetReal.ous.edu
- Winners for "Why Study Computer Science?", "Why Study Computer Science in Oregon?", and "Most Creative" categories will receive a $150 gift card to iTunes.
- Best Overall Video winner will receive a $250 cash award.
- Winning Videos in all four categories may be posted on the GetReal Computer Science website, and receive statewide recognition through the Oregon University System (please save your video source files)
- To enter your video:
- Login to your existing YouTube account or create a YouTube Account. Creating an account is free.
- Click the YouTube link here YouTube link
- View the “Oregon ETIC Video Challenge”, then click the “Commentary” tab and the “Video Responses” arrow. Then click “Post a Video Response” and post your video response.
- After submitting your video response(s) to YouTube, you must also register for the contest and supply YouTube links to your video response(s) here: Contest Entry Form
- Click for Contest Official Rules
The Oregon Engineering and Technology Industry Council (ETIC) was established in 1997 by the Oregon Legislature with the mission of making post-secondary engineering and technology education a strategic resource that fuels the Oregon economy and creates opportunity for all Oregonians.
All seven Oregon University Campuses (EOU, OIT, OSU, PSU, SOU, UO, WOU) offer Computer Science degree programs.
If you have questions, please post them to the Oregon ETIC Video Challenge Forum at: http://getreal.ous.edu/forum/
If you still have questions, please email us.